Friday, June 5, 2009

By Degrees....

Homework is kicking my butt these days, there is so much of it. My day begins with planning how I can get my work done, my homework done, my reading done, eat, take care of the cats and my husband, and then find some time to sleep. Getting a new degree is exciting; doing the work to earn it is overwhelming.

This past week's work has left no time for blogging. I have decided that while I am working on my degree, I will continue to blog, but not everyday - just when I really have something to say. Of course that could be everyday at different times.

This week I have seen something interesting - two different vanity plates devoted to degrees. The first was on a Honda S2000: JD MBA. The other was on a Chevy Suburban: MS PHD. I tried to think about which one I thought was the most successful based on the vehicle that the plates were attached to. There are different ways to interpret their cars. First, the Honda is sporty, fun, and possibly fast. It is probably good on gas and therefore slightly conservative as it isn't a pure luxury car like a Lexus or Infinity. The Suburban is a large beast. Bad on fuel economy, imposing, and yet useful. It can be a great family car if you have a large number of kids.

Which would I rather have by comparison? A JD/MBA or a MS/PHD? I think I'll stick with my MAs, and my civic. Perhaps I will one day be able to have a plate that reads: MA-3/MLS. Who needs a JD, MBA, or PHD when you have 4 Master's degress? I'll be more broadly educated.

And equally in debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment