Monday, June 1, 2009

IM GOOD

I had my first in person class tonight. It was two and a half hours of awesomeness focused around Diversity. Yes, Diversity was an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era, but the diversity being discussed in class is more along the lines of differences.

Anyway, after class let out at 9:00, I was driving the 40 minutes home when I saw a Cadillac Escalade with the vanity plate: IM GOOD. Suuurrrreeee. You're so good that you have to tell everyone that with your license plate so they'll be aware of it. That sounds kind of fishy to me. That sort of mentality - trying to over sell something - makes me question instead of accept.

However, maybe that is the point with this license plate. If you say IM GOOD and people instantly question it, perhaps, Mr. Escalade, you are trying to capitalize on the "bad boy" image. Well, either way, I won't buy it.

Put that plate on a Toyota Prius and I won't question it. Sure you'd be safe, boring, and taken for granted, but that's what being good is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment