Thursday, July 16, 2009

Corn-y

I saw something on the way to work that surprised me, and there are few things that I see on the road that surprise me any more. Sure, I can get wowed or frustrated or angry, but rarely surprised. What did I see? A pick-up truck with a bed full of corn. Why was that surprising? Because there seemed to be a mountain of course that wasn't blowing away like I thought it should be. There was a retaining wall of corn created by tucking them into the bed vertically at all the edges, and it worked. I was able to capture the two pictures below with my cell phone. The quality isn't great, but you can see what I'm talking about.




It seemed like an amazing feat of physics to me, but then I don't really know much about that field of study. It made me think about what would happen if the truck's bed had a heating element. How funny would it be to have popcorn exploding on the highway? If you opened your windows you might get a snack. But I guess that only happens when it's Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment