Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mirrors

Borrowed from Katherine Finch.

I must be a horrible driver; I never use my mirrors.

I was merging this morning onto the interstate and was warned by a honking horn that someone was in my blind spot. I was glad that they were paying attention. Before I merge I always try to check my blind spot, or at least what I can see of it over my shoulder, and this time was no exception. However, I missed them completely during my pre-merging check of the next lane.

I tried to think about how I use my mirrors while I'm driving, and was shocked to realize that I hardly ever use them. Am I alone is this? Does anyone else constantly check their mirrors?

To be honest, I do use my rearview mirror on occasion when someone is tailgating me - which drives me insane. Other than that, I'm not much of a mirror user. I would rather turn and look for myself to either side.

Perhaps I should start using them more. It felt bad to be the moronic merger this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment