Tuesday, May 12, 2009

NINEBALL


The nine ball is a happy yellow-striped billiard ball; it is also an enjoyable game. I have never been a good pool player - I am an early eight ball player (completely by accident) and therefore lose. This morning I was reminded of this long neglected pastime by a yellow Miata with a black hood. It's vanity plate capitalized on the color of the car and it's sporty nature. It read: NINEBALL.

I now have the worst urge to run off to a pool hall, rack up a game, have a beer, and smoke a few cigarettes. I have a hard time playing pool without drinking or smoking, which is probably why I will not run off to the pool hall anytime soon.

What I need is a pool table at home. My husband would love one - I would love one. Ok, new item for the completely unnecessary home improvement items list.

Thanks, Mr. NINEBALL. This is all your fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment